Application deadline: April 1, 2017
Applications are now available for SVA’s Summer Residencies in New York City, offering artists, designers and creative thinkers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
In addition to our time-honored studio residencies, a variety of innovative professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice and engage critically within their field. SVA’s state-of-the-art facilities offer a wealth of tools for innovation in art and design. A unique combination of creative and professional resources provides a rich environment for growth and opportunity in the current, vibrant art scene.
Residencies are available in Art and Technology, Critical Studies, Design Thinking, Lens-Based Media and Social Practice as well as our long-standing Studio Residencies
Affordable housing is available, as are opportunities to exhibit and present work to the public.
Residency Programs offered during the summer of 2017:
• Art Writing Summer Intensive
• City as Site: Performance and Social Interventions
• Design Writing and Research Summer Intensive
• Fine Arts: Residency in Contemporary Practices
• From the Laboratory to the Studio: Interdisciplinary Practices in Bio Art
• Future of Images: The Lens and Screen Arts
• Illustration and Visual Storytelling: Art and Industry
• Impact! Design Strategies for Community Engagement
• Impact! Strategies for Creative Intervention
• Painting and Mixed Media
• Sculpture, Installation and New Media Art
• SVATypeLab: Theory and Practice
• The Business of Type