Online application system will be closed at 18:00 in Korean time, on Friday, 30 September, 2016.
MMCA Residency, run by the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (MMCA), launches an International Research Fellowship Program for curators, critics, and researchers. This research program aims to provide a sustainable platform to developing global networks and facilitate collaborative programming among art professionals.
– Curators, critics, or researchers who work in the related fields of Asian modern and contemporary art
– Who have 5 years or more of experience in his/her own area
– Who have not previously participated in a residency program of MMCA Residency (Changdong/ Goyang)
– Who are fluent in English
* Work partners, assistants, and family members are not allowed to stay at the residency together.
Residency Period: (choose one term only)
– 1st term: 3 March – 18 May, 2017 (1 researcher)
– 2nd term: 13 April – 22 June, 2017 (1 researcher)
– 3rd term: 4 July – 13 September, 2017 (1 researcher)
– 4th term: 20 September – 7 December, 2017 (1 researcher)
Number of Researchers: 1 researcher for each period/ 4 researchers in total
* If the jury does not find suitable candidates, MMCA Residency may not fulfill the total number of researchers.