The application deadline is 13 November.
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time, fueling crucial conversation with the audience. The Curatorial Coordinator will operate within the CCA Programs division. The Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate as catalyst for original inquiry.
The main responsibilities of this position are the coordination of projects pertaining to exhibitions, publishing and public programs for the Programs division. The successful candidate will do research as part of the project development process, and work with outside collaborators and production companies and with other CCA divisions and departments.
Research and Curatorial Work
– Perform research related to exhibition, publishing and public-programs projects and propose content for specific projects (including iconographic, bibliographic and reproduction-rights research)
– Contribute to the development of CCA program content, working with guest-curators, assisting Curator Contemporary Architecture and the curatorial team
– Research and propose outside collaborators and contributors for CCA programs
– Research and prepare texts and contents required for CCA programs
– Present the CCA Programs division’s projects to visitors and guests when required
Coordination of exhibition, publishing and public program projects
– Coordinate all phases of a project initiated by the CCA or co-produced with other institutions, from the research phase to final production and archiving, using the project management methodology
– Handle contact between the division, other CCA departments and/or outside collaborators for all phases and all project-support elements
– Prepare the master production and installation schedule for exhibitions, organize and lead project team meetings and work with the project team and outside consultants to create a work plan
– Work with all departments involved in order to ensure that materials and information are obtained as per the planned schedule
– Identify and locate objects for exhibitions and publications, along with the appropriate lenders
– Coordinate the transfer of unedited contents (texts and images) to publications
– Write CCA website content and communication tools related to projects