Deadline : 15/10/2018
SEA Foundation’s residency program designed for the 21st-century art-professionals, whose work and life demand both a rigorous engagement as an urgency to propel progress. The contemporary asks flexibility as well as fluidity, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. The exclusive and individually shaped residencies include bespoke mentoring and are limited to 10 residents per year.
We invite applications from visual artists, curators, and writers who have a specific project in mind or a period of work to focus on, and for whom this dedicated time is invaluable.
The residency aims are:
• To support the production of art and the theory of art
• To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context
• To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art
• To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network
Based on your project proposal and developmental questions, we offer a tailor-made programme in a discursive setting and in doing so fulfill a guiding – and a bridging function. The inclusive character which lies in the trinity of hospitality, the ‘art & design infuse’ house, the residencies & presentations. Bespoke mentoring and training up to 4 hours per week are included in the program.
Up to 3 months
• September – November 2019
• February – June 2020