Deadline 28 May 2018.
Harbourfront Center’s Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery announces a call for the position of Curator.
The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery is Canada’s premier public gallery dedicated exclusively to the art of our time and recognized as an important center for contemporary art
in North America.
– Work in collaboration with the Director / Artistic Director to research, develop and
implement the plant’s exposure and publication program;
– Participate in the preparation and production of contemporary Canadian and international art exhibitions;
– Research, develop and present new individual and collective exhibitions;
– Manage and supervise traveling exhibitions and institutional collaborations;
– Negotiate tour and co-production terms and agreements;
– Supervise all aspects of the installations;
– Review and respond to exhibition proposals for partnerships.
– The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Art History or related studies;
– At least five years of experience as curator in a modern art or
contemporary art department of a museum or public gallery;
– Proven experience in fundraising, budgeting and human resources management.